Thursday, May 22, 2008

My Expirience At Fruitvale



Well, my experience at Walnut Creek compared to Oakland was different. It was much more easier to interview people at Walnut Creek than being at Fruitvale. For me it was harder to interview people at Fruitvale because it was kind of hard to translate some of the questions and plus we would get rejected by many people. What I actually learned from the community at Fruitvale was that many people feel that their community is involved a lot with violence or other things related to that, many people feel unsafe. Fruitvale is actually a place in where the community is really polite, but there was also people that mentioned being at a place that was full of violence. Fruitvale is a place in where there are more Latino’s than any other race. It was a new experience for me in where I got to compare the community between Fruitvale in Oakland and Walnut Creek.

No comments: